We're organizing a national fundraiser around Rare Disease Day with Applebee's Restaurants to build awareness of Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia and Primary Lateral Sclerosis and raise funds for future research.
Participating is simple:
1. Call your local Applebee's to find out if they participate in the "Dining to Donate" program. If so, pick up and fill out the form they require and return it to the General Manager. Find your local Applebee's here: http://www.applebees.com.
2. Applebee's will contact you to schedule a date and time for your fundraising event, ideally on or around February 28.
3. Applebee's will provide you with an invitation for your fundraising event to reproduce and distribute.
4. Promote the event in your community and pass out the invitations to as many friends, family members, co-workers and neighbors as possible.
5. On the event date chosen, your guests should present their personal invitations to the Applebee's server before service, and Applebee's will donate a percentage of the invitation holder's food and beverage purchases to the Spastic Paraplegia Foundation.
6. At the event, you will have the opportunity to raise awareness of HSP & PLS and the challenges faced by patients and families as well as the importance of Spastic Paraplegia Foundation research.
Spastic Paraplegia Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable organization:
1605 Goularte Place
Fremont CA 94539-7241
Tax ID#: 04-3594491
More information about Rare Disease Day can be found here: http://rarediseaseday.us.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions, and thanks for participating!
On the Web: sp-foundation.org
We are excited that Giving Tuesday is coming up soon. It is a once a year event and is a perfect accent to the holiday season. Unbeknownst to the commercial world, the holiday season is not about who gets more for me, me, me. It is about that special feeling you get when you know you have really helped out someone you care about or love. It is knowing that the dollar you give today is going to blossom into a million dollars worth of relief from suffering for the people with HSP and PLS. Welcome to Giving Tuesday and we Thank You for your consideration.
When Clinical Trials begin in 2017 it may require as many people as possible for the Clinical Trial to be effective. If you have HSP or PLS, please add your information to our data base so we can keep you informed. We are missing a lot people's email address, so if you just want to add your email address. just enter your name, address and email and we'll add it. That way, we will be able to reach you quickly at a lower cost. Your privacy is very important to us. We will never share any of your information with any individual or company without your permission.
We operate out of the strength of our community, caring friends and sponsors. Your help makes a difference! Our volunteers give many hours of their time annually, and the opportunities to help are as varied as our helpers. Read more.