We're organizing a national fundraiser around Rare Disease Day with Applebee's Restaurants to build awareness of Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia and Primary Lateral Sclerosis and raise funds for future research.
Participating is simple:
1. Call your local Applebee's to find out if they participate in the "Dining to Donate" program. If so, pick up and fill out the form they require and return it to the General Manager. Find your local Applebee's here: http://www.applebees.com.
2. Applebee's will contact you to schedule a date and time for your fundraising event, ideally on or around February 28.
3. Applebee's will provide you with an invitation for your fundraising event to reproduce and distribute.
4. Promote the event in your community and pass out the invitations to as many friends, family members, co-workers and neighbors as possible.
5. On the event date chosen, your guests should present their personal invitations to the Applebee's server before service, and Applebee's will donate a percentage of the invitation holder's food and beverage purchases to the Spastic Paraplegia Foundation.
6. At the event, you will have the opportunity to raise awareness of HSP & PLS and the challenges faced by patients and families as well as the importance of Spastic Paraplegia Foundation research.
Spastic Paraplegia Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable organization:
1605 Goularte Place
Fremont CA 94539-7241
Tax ID#: 04-3594491
More information about Rare Disease Day can be found here: http://rarediseaseday.us.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and thanks for participating!
On the Web: sp-foundation.org
Giving Tuesday was a great start on our year end goal. So far we have raised over $37,000. Our anonymous donor will match every donation dollar for dollar up to $175,000 until January 15, 2017. That's right, every donation you make will be doubled so you will receive twice as much satisfaction and double the number of people you will help with your wonderful and most appreciated generosity. This is 40% more than was matched last year so we are asking everyone to stretch your giving as well to make sure we use every nickel of this match. We can do it!
When Clinical Trials begin in 2017 it may require as many people as possible for the Clinical Trial to be effective. If you have HSP or PLS, please add your information to our data base so we can keep you informed. We are missing a lot people's email address, so if you just want to add your email address. just enter your name, address and email and we'll add it. That way, we will be able to reach you quickly at a lower cost. Your privacy is very important to us. We will never share any of your information with any individual or company without your permission.
93 cents of every dollar you donate goes into our mission of research and service. 4 cents goes to fundraising and 3 cents goes to data management and general expenses. Our all volunteer Scientific Advisory Board makes sure that we are supporting only the very best research projects on the planet. The Spastic Paraplegia Foundation is an all volunteer run foundation. Our highly skilled staff, Scientific Advisory Board, Medical Advisors - CPA, Attorney, President, Board Members - all of us are working hard every day probono because we strongly believe in this cause. We know we can get to our goal if we all do our very best. We ask you to please join in our efforts by making a donation.