Staying positive is much easier said than done, especially in these hectic times. Consider these 5 steps from PositivityBlog.com:
1. Appreciate, appreciate, appreciate! People often want appreciation from others. It can become a craving need. Instead, start to appreciate everything around you, such as: the sunshine, your food and your health.
2. Focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. It is very easy to fall into a habit of focusing your thoughts on what you don’t want rather than what you want. If you do that then it will be hard to get what you want in life. If you want to improve your finances then focus on having a great financial situation rather than your lack of money and your debts. If you want a new relationship then focus on meeting a lot of new people and forming great relationships rather than focusing on your loneliness and your lack.
3. Educate and explore yourself. Self-education can be a great help to live a better life. Read great books on the areas of your life you want to improve. Maybe it’s it your financial situation or your health. Or maybe it’s your relationships. Ask people with more success in that area what they did to improve. This is also a great way to get to know yourself better and understand why you think, feel and do – or don’t do – the things you do.
4. Take action in your life. “Just do it!” is a nice slogan. If you feel that fear is holding you back from doing something, there are practical solutions that have been used for thousands of years. Take small steps and confront your fear little by little. At least you’re taking action.
5. Improve your social skills. Happiness really comes from having positive relationships with other people. Improving your communication skills can greatly improve your life.
DON'T MISS OUT! Come hear the very latest about what is known about and what hope we have for a cure for HSP and PLS. Also, you will love meeting and learning from over one hundred other people with these conditions. Make friends, learn from others about how to cope, the best tools and just have a great time.
When Clinical Trials begin in 2017 it may require as many people as possible for the Clinical Trial to be effective. If you have HSP or PLS, please add your information to our data base so we can keep you informed. We are missing a lot people's email address, so if you just want to add your email address. just enter your name, address and email and we'll add it. That way, we will be able to reach you quickly at a lower cost. Your privacy is very important to us. We will never share any of your information with any individual or company without your permission.
93 cents of every dollar you donate goes into our mission of research and service. 4 cents goes to fundraising and 3 cents goes to data management and general expenses. Our all volunteer Scientific Advisory Board makes sure that we are supporting only the very best research projects on the planet. The Spastic Paraplegia Foundation is an all volunteer run foundation. Our highly skilled staff, Scientific Advisory Board, Medical Advisors, CPA, Attorney, President, Board Members - all of us are working hard every day probono because we strongly believe in this cause. We know a cure is right within reach and we ask you to please join us in reaching by making a tax deductible donation.